The Children’s Study Home is dedicated to partnering with families by providing innovative and educational programs and services that strengthen children and families; empowering them to succeed at home, within the community, and throughout life.
The Children’s Study Home serves children, adolescents, and families with special needs throughout the Pioneer Valley and Cape Cod areas. The children we serve are often struggling to cope with behavioral, psychiatric, and cognitive issues related to the experiences they have survived. Our staff assesses their needs and develops individualized service plans that foster recovery, growth, and wellness.
Where we Work:
The Children’s Study Home serves children and families throughout Western Massachusetts and Cape Cod areas. Additionally, we serve children referred from Central Massachusetts as well as the Metro Boston area.
We are proud to work closely with the Departments of Children & Families (DCF), Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE), and Early Education & Care (EEC) to serve children and families in need. We also work with local public school districts seeking Special Education for their students.
Additional Business Name: Mill Pond School--Richmond, MA
Instructional Assistant (Richmond, MA)
$16.59 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Provide academic support and behavior modification approaches in a highly structured alternative school. In a small class setting, the teacher assistant will support the teacher in addressing the academic and emotional/behavioral needs of the students as set forth in their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
1. Requires a high school diploma/GED (Associates degree preferred).
2. Requires experience with children with emotional/behavioral challenges.
3. Requires good oral and written communication skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. May require prolonged periods of standing or sitting.
2. Frequent exposure to activities with students which could pose a potential risk for physical injury or harm.
3. Requires considerable physical agility to be able to perform restraint.
4. May require lifting or moving the body weight of an adolescent.