Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or email@example.com.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Business Name: Big Y Pittsfield MA 200 West Street
Head Cashier - Pittsfield MA
Some High School Coursework
1. Ability to represent Big Y by working together with fellow Big Y employees to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
2. Oversee and direct workflow of customer service employees.
3. Collaborate with management in decision-making, direction and implementation of one or more areas to ensure that operational and customer service goals are met.
4. Handle customer transactions and resolve customer concerns as necessary.
5. Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds, and other media as assigned.
6. Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
7. Operate a cash register.
8. Provide training as needed through expertise and knowledge.
9. Bag groceries, retrieve carriages, return back-shop, and other tasks as needed.
10. Maintain proper department conditions (e.g., racks, sales floor, bottle redemption area, closets, workstations, etc.).
11. Engage in and encourage continuous improvement through ideas and innovation (e.g., Chairman’s Challenge).
12. Adhere to and enforce all government employment and labor regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
13. Adhere to and enforce all government food safety and sanitation regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., processing, cleaning, rotating, etc.).
14. Adhere to and enforce all government safety regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g., proper use of equipment, cleaning, straightening, sweeping, clearing unsafe conditions, etc.), as well as report and collaborate with Risk Management on all claims.
15. Adhere to and enforce all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., taking accurate inventory, controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
16. Adhere to and enforce all Company procedures regarding store conditions as outline in 5S (sort and remove, shine and inspect, set locations and visual cues, systematize, stay the course).
17. Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
1. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through the support of Big Y’s Mission & Vision.
2. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
3. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
4. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
6. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
7. Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
8. Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
9. Must be at least 18 years of age.