SUMMARY OF ROLE: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by presenting the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience. Our grocery specialist is responsible for providing product knowledge, expertise and results within the grocery, bread, receiving, health and beauty care, and general merchandise areas.
1. Must be fully proficient in one of the following complete roles - ordering for an entire sales area (able to independently order product for re-sale), receiving (incl. oversight of DSD receiving, all receiving paperwork and credit reclamations), or maintaining integrity of the point of sale (POS) infrastructure/pricing system.
2. Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence? through Big Y’s Firm Foundations? (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
3. Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
4. Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
5. Must project a clean and professional appearance.
6. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
7. Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
9. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
10. Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
11. Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.
1. Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
2. Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
3. Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.