Plaskolite is formerly known as Sheffield Plastics.
This is a NIGHT SHIFT, 12 Hour Position of 5 PM - 5 AM
This position is responsible for supporting and promoting all company goals including an injury free work environment through safe work practices. In this capacity the incumbent will support the manufacturing process through the design, rebuild, and installation of extrusion equipment. The incumbent will also support the extrusion process through troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing of the mechanical functions of the extrusion process.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent reports to and takes direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to him/her on a daily basis in regard to project progress and anticipated problems, corrective action status and all Maintenance updates. This position will also take direction from Maintenance Planner, Shift Supervision and Engineering as needed.
This position requires regular teamwork with the other maintenance team members as well interaction with other disciplines, unit managers and supervisors and process engineers. The incumbent also has contact with outside vendors and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve mechanical equipment and components. These components may include:
• Pneumatic and hydraulic components
• Bearings and mounting systems
• Gearboxes and transmissions
• Pumps, valves, pumping systems and minor piping repairs
• Clutch, brakes and drive components
• Couplings and drive linkages
• Alignment and vibration data
Perform basic machining:
• Set up and operate shop equipment and portable power tools
• Use precision measuring equipment for machining
Maintain and rebuild vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, chemical feed pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
Perform millwright tasks:
• Moving material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling.
Perform basic welding and fabrication tasks
Perform Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance inclusive of:
• Production equipment, lifting, hoisting and material handling equipment, safety devices and facility utilities following standard procedures as indicated on PM route sheets or in equipment manuals
• Set-up PM’s on new equipment
• Update PM’s on existing equipment
Participate in the development and coordination of engineering projects, including design, procurement and installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment
Responsible for performing various maintenance tasks using the Maintenance Work Order System. Includes but is not limited to:
• Adding Work Orders
• Looking up Parts/Equipment
This position qualifies for a sign on bonus and full benefits.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with 5+ years of experience in a maintenance environment.
•Preferred: Apprenticed in a technical trade with 10 years’ experience in machine tool applications, performing industrial equipment repairs, and working with PM programs.
•Must have the ability to read, understand, and update print.
•Must possess a good understanding of computer and network fundamentals.
•Basic understanding of preventative maintenance, and condition monitoring techniques.
•Possess a good understanding for mechanical design & operation, including hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, lubrication, etc.