Company Description: Located in beautiful Stockbridge, Massachusetts, the Austen Riggs Center is an innovative psychiatric hospital/residential treatment program with a completely voluntary and open setting.
Medical office Assistant
To Commensurate With Experience
Medical Assistant - Preference: Preferred
Medical Assistant 30 hours per week (FT benefits)
Under the supervision of the medical office nurse, the medical assistant supports the nurse and medical practitioner with a number of tasks and clinical duties that may include:
· Taking patient medical histories if needed
· Explaining treatment procedures to patients as requested
· Preparing patients for examination
· Taking and recording vital signs
· Assisting the physician during exams
· Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
· Instructing patients about medication and special diets
· Transmitting prescriptions and refills as directed
· Drawing blood
· Provides basic first aid
· Administer inoculations as needed
Additionally the Medical Assistants performs a number of administrative duties
· Using computer and Microsoft Office applications
· Sets up in-person and Zoom consultations
· Medical transcription
· Answering telephone
· Greeting patients
· Updating and filing patient medical records
· Verifies insurance coverage for prior authorizations for outgoing appointments.
· Scheduling patient internal and external appointments
· Scheduling for hospital and laboratory services
· Schedules drivers for patient appointments as indicated
· Handling general office correspondence and filing.
· Assists the RN with PPE fit-testing and assures adequate PPE is available.
· Tracks burn rates and orders supplies as needed.
· Retrieves diagnostic procedure results and submits to RN for review.
· In collaboration with the Medical Office Nurse, schedules and coordinates clinics.
· Completes daily maintenance and calibration of medical equipment.
· Completes logs and testing records including refrigerator temps.
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume
Visit our website www.austenriggs.org/careers for more information about the Austen Riggs and to complete and submit our PDF employment application. EOE
Requires completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Certification or attainment of certification within one year of hire. Requires familiarity with medical and medical finance terminology. Phlebotomy skills are preferred. Excellent administrative skills using Microsoft Office