Company Description: In the year 1900, William J. Gould, a visionary
and pioneer in social reform, conceived of a
plan for emotional rehabilitation based on the
principles of respectful discipline, wholesome
work and unstinting kindness. Thirteen years
later, Will and his wife Agnes purchased an
unpromising farm in the Berkshire Hills, giving
birth to America's oldest therapeutic community
for people with mental illness.
For a century now, Gould Farm's
continuum of care stands as a prototype for
psychiatric rehabilitation that is
internationally recognized and emulated.
For more information about Gould Farm, please
visit us at www.gouldfarm.org.
Please submit application through
BerkshireJobs.com or directly to
PT Residential Evening/Overnight Relief Staff
12.64/12.00 Per Hour
Up to One Year
William J. Gould Associates, Inc
Part Time Residential Evening/Overnight Relief Staff
Reporting to the Residential Director, this position is responsible to support and facilitate an environment that creates for Guests a secure and fulfilling sense of home within themselves, their rooms, their house, and the community. This position will assist the Residential Team in all facets of the residential program, providing for the safety of Guests while offering support, encouragement and challenge. Must be willing to promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, and to continuously seek ways to improve, both self and function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide support and encouragement to 10-15 residents of a Guest House to participate and learn as House residents and as attendees at community meals and meetings.
• Provide leadership and support to the creation and implementation of guest activities and community-wide social and recreational activities and events.
• Provide orientation and welcome for new Guest arrivals.
• Facilitate an open, trusting and cooperative environment in which Guests receive support, encouragement and challenge.
• Support treatment plans for assigned residents with particular focus on ADLs.
• Oversee the quality control of house chores in conjunction with Housekeeping.
• Maintain accurate records for Guest cash accounts and change funds.
• Participate in overnight on-call coverage.
• Support fire safety protocols.
• Provide crisis intervention support as required.
• Participate in driving Guests for appointments and activities.
For more information about Gould Farm, please visit our website at www.gouldfarm.org.
Qualifications: B.S. degree or equivalent and 1-2 years experience in related human service field. Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain accurate records and logs are a must. Experience in leading and directing the work of others is essential.