Company Description: Platforms: Smarter. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we solve the toughest security and technology challenges facing our nation and its allies by building smarter mission-critical products and systems.We develop mission critical C4ISR solutions across the land, sea, air, space and cyber domains. As you might imagine, we can offer career paths that fit almost any area of expertise. Almost any background or interests. And almost any short- and long-term career goals. At our location in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, we develop advanced solutions to support the U.S. Navy's latest ships and combat systems.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Learn more about the Pittsfield facility here: www.gdmissionsystems.com/PittsfieldMA.
2021-48332 - Fleet Documentation Engineering Support Specialist
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, we are continuously moving the boundaries of what’s possible. Here you’ll work with the best and your talent will be front and center on projects that impact the world. Are you up to the challenge?
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Fleet Documentation Engineering Support Specialist. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Analyzes effects of engineering changes for impacts to fleet technical documentation and training.
• Consistently demonstrates proficiency in the application of technical competence of SSBN and SSGN Fire Control systems and supporting systems.
• Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical inputs and recommendations during fleet documentation and training product development.
• Leads and supports development, analysis, and review of technical inputs for fleet documentation in support of multiple concurrent projects.
• Coordinates and leads documentation verifications on SSBN and SSGN Fire Control systems in a laboratory environment.
• Participates in scope selection and helps establish priorities for required changes and updates to technical documentation.
• Formulates and recommends corrective action measures for technical documentation based on engineering, customer, and fleet inputs.
• Gathers and organizes data for review with appropriate engineer(s) and customers in support of projects
• Participates in discussions related to the identification of cause of or potential for problems/issues in the fleet based on technical documentation use and intent.
• Participates in the planning for completion of multiple and concurrent updates to multiple documents.
• Performs research and investigations in laboratory functions involving the testing, troubleshooting, and repairing of devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems.
• Regularly communicates with various internal stakeholders and multiple customers
• Subject matter expert (SME) in SSBN
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experienced Navy Missile Tech with significant "hands on" experience strongly preferred
• In depth Mod 6 Fire Control system knowledge required
• Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
• Proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
• Recognizes various architectural patterns
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient written and verbal communications skills
• Able to sell concepts and ideas
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
• Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
Bachelor’s of Science degree or Technology degree, a related specialized area or field is required, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.