Mid-level full-time accounting position responsible for overseeing daily accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts and Reporting, while maintaining accuracy and proper accounting processes and procedures. Assists Director of Finance with audit preparations and testing, budgeting, and board reporting, in addition to other tasks as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable: sort invoices received by mail or email and distribute to appropriate budget managers; enter invoices in accounting software; review and post Accounts Payable Sessions in accounting software; write checks for Finance Assistant to prepare for signature and mailing; record written checks on Excel checkbook.
- Cash Receipts: review, code and investigate questions on daily Operating cash/check deposits; record deposits on Excel checkbook; review and post Cash Receipt transaction sessions in accounting software following Finance Assistant reconciliation to bank statements; reconcile GL account totals on Box Office, Store, Square and PayPal Excel spreadsheets to accounting software to prepare for session posting.
- Accounts Receivable: generate and issue General invoicing requests as required; reissue overdue General invoices; review and post tenant billing and Accounts Receivable receipt sessions in accounting software following Finance Assistant reconciliation to bank statements.
- Reporting: prepare and format project, grant and department budget reports from accounting software as requested; prepare Rent Payment report for Director of Finance and the monthly Management Report. Assist Director of Finance with quarterly reporting to Board of Trustees.
- Audit: review audit backup prepared by Finance Assistant before submitting to Director of Finance; assist Director of Finance with pulling items for audit tests and auditor questions as required; perform physical cash counts at end of fiscal year and throughout year as needed; prepare Retail Store inventory audit backup and test inventory throughout year as needed.
- Budgeting: assist Deputy Directors with annual institution budgeting process as needed; update budgeting software with posted transactions from accounting software on a weekly basis; train users in report generation and budget entry; create new users as needed; primary contact for budgeting software Support needs.
- Festival/Large Concerts: provide bar cash support; perform nightly Sales Settlement with Festival Vendors; assist Finance Assistant with accurate count of daily bar deposits and bring deposits to bank; reconcile camping totals with Tessitura and issue payments to campgrounds in a timely manner; track historical vendor and bar sales for analysis.
- Run postage meter usage reports and refill meter monthly; enter postage usage transaction in accounting software.
- Manage Petty Cash and submit reimbursements quarterly or as needed.
- Investigate credit card Chargeback requests and issue refunds or contest charges as required.
- Assist Office Assistant and Assistant to the Director as backup for daily deposit records, as needed.