Company Description: Berkshire County Head Start is a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and care. Our organization offers a half-day pre-school program in 6 sites throughout Berkshire County. In North Adams, Pittsfield and Great Barrington we also provide full-day child care services for families while they work, go to school, or look for employment.
QuickBooks or other Accounting Software - Preference: Required
We are currently searching for a part-time Assistant Bookkeeper to work onsite at our Meadow Lane site in Pittsfield 20-25 hrs per week. Successful candidates will have an understanding of the accounting process. The ability to work in a variable paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
Berkshire County Head Start is a high quality, strength based early education program that provides physical health, mental health, early intervention and transportation services. We offer both classroom and home base services to families with children ages 2.9 to 5 at six sites throughout Berkshire County.
- Use QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person
- Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
- Experience & familiarity with HR type forms (W-4, I-9 & other payroll/benefit forms)
• Bilingual with Spanish is a plus
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer