Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health
PO Box 309
Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
|Salary Range:||Location:|| || Stockbridge
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Hospitality/Travel/Tourism
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|High School or Equivalent|
Up to One Year
Function as primary point of contact for guests outside of the program experience in a manner that is welcoming and facilitates the seamless coordiantion of arrival, check-in, program and housing scheduling, and related services for the duration of stay and post stay. This individual will be responsible for all End of Day accounting functions.
- Performs the manager-on-duty role during 3rd shift.
- Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests
- Verifies that all scheduled classes, programs, and transportation have been completed; verifies that all account postings, and balances the days’ charges making corrections as necessary.
- Prepares and follows End of Day procedure, and follows the Night Audit checklist and procedures.
- Accountable for accurately balancing all revenue sources and completing daily financial reports
- Process no-show reservations, prepare financial reports for managerial review
- Close the financial day for the hotel
- After completing financial tasks, works on assigned additional projects, stocking supplies and assisting other over-night staff as needed
- Prepare guest arrival paperwork by completing the collation process; including, but not limited to information about continuing education credits, and indicating arrivals who are donors, board members or faculty.
- Re-stock workstations and ensure that Front Desk is organized and prepared for daytime operations.
- Exhibit thorough knowledge and exceptional execution of all emergency procedures.
- Demonstrate a caring, compassionate approach when dealing with guest issues; re-assign guest’s rooms as necessary.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with evening and morning shift staff members to ensure pertinent information is relayed.
- Monitor Front Desk and Lost and Found voicemail and email communications.
- Provide continuous staffing for Front Desk. Greet arriving, departing and current guests in a warm, welcoming, and service-oriented manner.
- Complete guest check in process, update system to reflect guest arrivals. Provide guests with resources and literature regarding the Kripalu facilities, grounds, program schedules and services, facilitating a smooth and friendly acclimation to Kripalu.
- Respond to guest inquiries and/or concerns during their stay. Research and facilitate a response to or resolution of inquiries and concerns. Bringing guest concerns to appropriate individuals who are best able to respond to guest’s needs.
- Receive and process guest payments, record payments in system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to all Front Desk Policies and Procedures in order to ensure a uniform approach to guest service standards.
- Ensure that all Front Desk procedures, tasks, check-in, guest finance, and remuneration are maintained in accordance with the established policy and procedure standards and budgetary constraints.
- Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
- Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from the guest’s point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions and ideas.
- Possesses ability to be self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job functions to established standards.
- Possesses strong core ethics, values, integrity, and beliefs consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame
|ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:|
- High school education or the equivalent.
- 1 Year experience within a night audit or accounting position.
- Understands principals of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated data entry accuracy.
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and the ability to collaborate with others to find a solution.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Commitment to organizational values and mission. Must be able to efficiently and effectively resolve guests’ concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and apply defined policies and procedures.
- Professional appearance and presentation.