Key Program (The)
703 West Housatonic Street
Key's mission is to assist troubled youth and their families with developing positive life skills and life experiences so that they may pursue productive and rewarding lives.
For over 30 years, the Key Program has been unlocking the potential of youth and families through a variety of residential and non-residential programs. We’ll help you unlock your potential too with excellent training, benefits and many advancement opportunities.
|Salary Range:||Location:||$15.50 Per Hour || Pittsfield
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Human Services
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
- Preference: |
|RESIDENTIAL CASEWORKER, Pittsfield, MA|
The Key Program is a private, non-profit human services agency whose mission is to assist at-risk and court-involved children/adolescents and their families to develop positive life skills so they may pursue productive and rewarding lives. Key works in conjunction with the MA Department of Children & Families (DCF), MA Department of Youth Services (DYS), the MA Department of Mental Health (DMH), the Children's Behavioral Health Initiative (CBHI) and the RI Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF). Key Program is and is an agency provider of both community-based outreach services and residential treatment programming.
Key is currently seeking Residential Caseworkers to work with children and adolescents in their group homes located in Pittsfield, MA
Responsibilities: The Residential Caseworker (RCW) works collaboratively as part of the treatment team and is responsible for the welfare of clients in Key’s residential programs. The RCW is directly responsible for the daily supervision of clients, the implementation of their individualized treatment plans, and the daily program activities and milieu. Due to the nature of the work and client needs, the RCW works a varied schedule that may exceed a forty-hour work week (full time).
Some duties include:
· Engage clients and develop positive, appropriate, supportive relationships utilizing a strength-based treatment approach
· Assist clients with their routines and adhere to the program’s daily schedule
· Assist clients in setting goals in accordance with their individualized treatment plans
· Implement proper supervision techniques to ensures clients are not a danger to themselves or others.
· Establish rapport and keeps parents/families updated with client status
· Schedule and accompany clients to appointments
· Contribute in client-related meetings, case presentations, and suggest treatment recommendations
· Supervise or assist clients with self-administration of medication
· Complete case documentation in a thorough, professional and timely manner.
Benefits include: A competitive wage; medical, dental and optical insurances; short-term disability and life insurance; training and professional development; tuition assistance; paid vacation and holidays; paid sick and personal time; retirement program; wellness benefit; pre-tax childcare, and more.
|Qualifications: The Residential Caseworker is an entry-level, hourly-paid employee. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; a high school diploma or GED is required; one year of relevant experience is preferred. All candidates must be 21 years of age or older; have a valid state driver's license; and, have a legally registered and insured car for work use.|