Northern Berkshire Pediatrics
77 Hospital Ave, Suite 302
Company Description: Pediatric Primary Care
Part Time - Medical Assistant
To Commensurate With Experience
North Adams, Adams, Williamstown
Certified Medical Assistant - Preference: Required
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is part of the Northern Berkshire Pediatrics team concept which is devoted to the delivery of pediatric patient care with emphasis on prevention and health maintenance. The Medical Assistant must be adept at putting children at ease and be able to communicate effectively with patient families.
The Medical Assistant’s responsibility is to assist the Physicians, RNs, LPNs and support staff in performing their duties and carry out the necessary functions required in accordance with established office policies and procedures.
The candidate must have an active Certified Medical Assistant certification.
At least 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant and preferably some experience with eClincicalWorks or EPIC electronic medical record systems.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to -
- Obtains patient's medical history.
- Prepares patient for examination.
- Performs routine tests and records patient's vital signs.
- Maintains patient record file and performs routine clerical duties.
- Daily review of and prepare for the PCPs next day visits
- Prepare and maintain clinical supplies, equipment and patient rooms
- And other tasks as assigned