Company Description: Williamstown Commons is a 152 bed facility nestled in the heart of Williamstown just minutes from the Williams Campus and The Clark Art Institute. A Five-Star Facility, Williamstown Commons is a newly renovated facility specializing in Long Term Care placement needs and Sub-Acute Rehab. Williamstown Commons offers exceptional care and takes pride in the growth of their employees.
Williamstown Commons has been caring for people in the Williamstown area for many years, providing top-quality, personalized rehabilitation, nursing, and long-term care in a warm, homelike setting. We are locally run and staffed by caring and attentive healthcare professionals and we are backed by Berkshire Healthcare, one of the largest, nonprofit, long-term care providers in Massachusetts. This gives us a tremendous advantage: access to an extensive network of top healthcare professionals and other resources to support our programs and services.
To Commensurate With Experience
We are interested in individuals who meet our core values of compassion, integrity, teamwork, stewardship and excellence which provides our residents with outstanding customer satisfaction. Williamstown Commons is currently accepting applications for nurses on our day, evening and overnight shifts
Main responsibilities are as follows:
1. Communicate to the unit manager or charge nurse essential information related to personnel, residents and unusual occurrences.
2. Ensure timely and correct transcription and implements of physician orders.
3. Participate in care planning conferences as required.
4. Direct and supervise activities of nursing personnel on assigned unit.
5. Initiate progressive discipline where appropriate.
6. Initiate resident care plan on newly admitted person.
7. Perform resident evaluation/assessment as required.
8. Ensure that all prescribed medical and nursing treatments are properly completed and documented.
9. Participate in medical rounds, i.e. pulmonary, psychiatric, attending MD, nurse practitioner, consultants.
10. Conduct assessments and care plans appropriate for age groups admitted to the facility.
11. Make provisions for proper orientation of new personnel.
12. Review and report the results of diagnostic tests received during assigned shift.
13. Communicate appropriately with physicians, family members, residents, and involved consultants regarding changes in resident condition and/or resident needs.
14. Review and complete all Incident Reports as required.
15. Ensure that all required documentation is complete and accurate.
16. Knows how to get QI concerns, ideas into the QI system.
17. Maintain confidentiality of resident and staff information.
18. Adhere to all company safety policies
Must be willing to maintain a 32-40 hour/every other weekend commitment. Holidays are rotating. Applicants must possess a current MA nursing license and be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. BHCS offers an excellent benefit package including tuition assistance and every week pay periods.
Berkshire Healthcare Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.