Company Description: The mission of the North Adams Public Schools is to provide all students with the values, knowledge, and skills needed to reach their full potential, with the ultimate goal of becoming lifelong learners and productive members of the 21st Century.
As a district, we are committed to providing a safe environment in which all individuals embrace the core values of diversity, inclusiveness, shared community responsibility, breadth of learning, and continuous growth and improvement.
Job Goal: To provide each school child with food of high nutritious quality in an atmosphere of cleanliness, cheerfulness, and personal caring.
Supervision: Reports to the Director of Food Service. Supervises cafeteria workers.
1. Prepares and serves food.
2. Receives and stores food and commodities.
3. Order milk and certain other foods daily.
4. Keeps daily records and receipts.
5. Ensures high levels of cleanliness, health, and safety.
6. Responsible for maintenance and care of equipment.
7. Administers personnel policies, and supervises and evaluates the cafeteria workers.
8. Maintains accurate and current inventories of all foods, supplies, and equipment.
9. Plans and checks all menus for school lunches.
10. Checks all cafeteria workers time sheets, and keeps payroll records.
11. Organizes, serves, etc. food as appropriate in our School Lunch Program.
12. Attends C.P.R. training annually.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by Administration.
Special Knowledge/Abilities For Position: Interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be able to work independently. Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions. Knowledge of financial and bookkeeping procedures, computer experience, Microsoft Word & Excel. Nutritional training, culinary training, and/or A.S.F.S.A. Certification.
Required: At least five (5) years of previous experience as a cafeteria worker. Must have Serve-Safe Sanitation Certification. Must meet all the qualifications detailed in rules four and five of the Civil Service Rules.
Preferred: More than five (5) years of previous experience as a cafeteria worker. Previous experience as a Cafeteria Manager. Associates degree in Food Nutrition or equivalent.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting of objects of 40 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 40 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a cash register, computer, typewriter, keyboard, and calculator.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents used are cleaning fluids. The occupant is exposed to extreme heat/cold changes. The occupant is expected to have gloves and respiratory protection when necessary.
As an employee of the North Adams Public Schools you will be subject to a Massachusetts criminal background check (CORI) and you will be required to submit to a national criminal background check by fingerprint. There is a cost associated with the national fingerprint and the prospective employee is responsible for this cost. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory results of these employment screening processes.