Company Description: The mission of the North Adams Public Schools is to provide all students with the values, knowledge, and skills needed to reach their full potential, with the ultimate goal of becoming lifelong learners and productive members of the 21st Century.
As a district, we are committed to providing a safe environment in which all individuals embrace the core values of diversity, inclusiveness, shared community responsibility, breadth of learning, and continuous growth and improvement.
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Job Goal: The Business Manager is responsible for managing and controlling the financial affairs and selected ancillary service functions of the School District. As required, he/she is expected to prepare and present pertinent financial information to the School Committee for their active consideration in their policy making role.
This is a salaried position commensurate with experience and qualifications and is regionally competitive.
Supervision: Reports to Superintendent.
1. Responsible for maintaining all business and financial records according to District policy/requirements, in compliance with Massachusetts state laws and, when applicable, federal regulations.
2. Manages the financial affairs of the school system, including the handling of all funds, payroll, purchasing, accounting, budget development and implementation, the monitoring and control of expenditures, insurance and administrative technology.
3. Be knowledgeable of new developments and trends, State and Federal programs, and legislation applicable to education and personnel management and employee relations.
4. Responsible for generating budgets for the School Committee's approval for the operation of the District.
5. Functions as purchasing agent for the District. As purchasing agent, is responsible for developing proper purchasing procedures, preparing required specifications, compliance with State Procurement regulations and executing contracts on behalf of the District.
6. Responsible for approving all invoices for payment and assuring, where appropriate, that all such invoices are properly processed in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
7. Supervises the accounts payable and payroll offices and other Central Office functions as deemed necessary by the Superintendent.
8. Responsible for the auditing of internal accounts on an annual basis. Also responsible for compliance to Single Year Audit requirements.
9. Responsible for establishing and maintaining adequate and appropriate business and data records.
10. Responsible for the Administrative technology as it applies to overall administrative functions such as Financial Management System and administrative office technology.
11. Responsible for preparing and, where appropriate, presenting any financial reports or information data on any aspect of business operations for the Superintendent and/or the School Committee.
12. Participates with the administrative team in the development and promulgation of Personnel Policy and Regulations of the District.
13. Responsible for monitoring and auditing all expenditures for the purpose of reducing any unnecessary expenditure (even though they may have met all other criteria for approval).
14. As required, provides proper guidance to administrative personnel in the fundamentals of sound fiscal management and budgetary controls.
15. Monitors and oversees the employee benefit program.
16. Serve as the school department’s prime liaison in the administration of business matters with the City departments.
17. Assist the Superintendent of Schools in the development of long-range plans for the maintenance, construction, and renovation of school buildings.
18. Performs such other tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent and/or the School Committee.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Required: Bachelor degree in Business Administration or higher and (10) years experience in finance, preferably some in a school or municipal setting. Licensed by DESE as a School Business Administrator.
Start Date: 1/2/2018
Posting shall remain until filled. Applications due by November 1, 2017.
Please submit a district application (found on our website www.napsk12.org on the employment page) along with cover letter, resume,transcripts and any other documents you feel necessary to:
North Adams Public Schools
Attn: Charlene Volff
37 Main Street, Suite 200
North Adams, MA 01247
You may also fax your documents to 413-776-1685 or email to email@example.com