Company Description: If you are interested in being a part of a vibrant and successful organization please consider the position below. Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires, Inc. serves North Adams, Pittsfield, Lee, Great Barrington and So. Vermont.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit organization dedicated to
help all people in our communities enhance the dignity and the quality of life.
Additional Business Name: Dalton Avenue Goodwill Store
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
This position is responsible for providing high-quality service to customers through efficient sales and effective merchandising in a pleasant and clean retail environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes customer sales quickly and accurately on the cash register.
• Processes cash transactions and customer checks, charges and store credits, and accurately balances register drawer.
• Provides customer service by knowing inventory, sale information, store policies and procedures, and other related information.
• Keeps merchandise neat and organized by appropriately distributing stock and pulling stock when necessary.
• Assesses merchandise and makes pricing recommendations to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
• Maintains an orderly store appearance by vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, washing mirrors, doors and windows, and keeping register area clean.
• Ensures loss prevention by monitoring dressing rooms and observing customers.
• Answers the store telephone.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate/GED or equivalent work experience preferred
• Ability to perform math at an eighth grade level (adding, subtracting, calculating percentages, multiplication) required.
• Previous retail experience preferred.
• Must be able to speak and understand English.
• Ability to work with a diverse staff, customer base, and individuals with disabilities is essential.
• Ability to determine when to direct a problem situation to a supervisor required.
• Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.