Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Additional Business Name: Berkshire Family YMCA
$11-12 Per Hour
Some High School Coursework
Swim experience - Preference:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Swim Instructor at Berkshire Family YMCA maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for students in swim classes.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly, and supports members and program participants in achieving their goals.
2. Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization; helps participants and families connect with each other and the YMCA; and encourages parent or caregiver involvement.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers program participants and families to other programs.
4. Maintains records as required (e.g., attendance, progress reports).
5. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
6. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
7. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.