Company Description: The mission of Elder Services of Berkshire County, Inc. is to provide Berkshire elders, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities the opportunity to live with dignity, independence, and self-determination, and to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
Geriatric Support Services Coordinator
LSW - Preference: Preferred
Responsible for functioning as a member of the Primary Care Team (PCT) in an entity contracted with MassHealth as a Senior Care Option (SCO). To assess the need and eligibility of applicants and clients for enrollment in the SCO programs. To make recommendations, coordinate, implement, and monitor contracted and community services for the purpose of promoting the client's overall health, independence and to prevent premature institutionalization.
• Must be able to read and write English
• Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone skills
• Commitment to working with the elderly; strong sensitivity to aging issues.
• Knowledge of community resources helpful
• Leadership ability; independent thinker; self-starter.
• Ability to work with persons with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities
• Excellent Clinical, Social Work, and Problem solving skills.
• Accurate record keeping skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure, with multiple interruptions and meet deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft office professional and experience using databases.
Required: A social worker employed by an ASAP and licensed by the Commonwealth of MA, with annual continuing education units in geriatric practice; or have at least a baccalaureate degree and two years professional experience in the care of persons over the age of 65, with at least one year involving work in a setting where persons over 65 receive health-care services (such as a hospital, nursing facility, a community health agency, or interdisciplinary program within an ASAP); and have the knowledge and skills necessary to work successfully in the interdisciplinary team and to provide or arrange for community long term care services and supports.