Southern Vermont College seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant (AA) to support the activities of the President and the Executive Vice President for Administration and Finance, and to a lesser degree, other members of the Cabinet. This is a full-time, twelve months per year appointment for a talented individual who will interact efficiently, effectively and professionally with all constituents of the college, and maximize college resources. The successful candidate will be comfortable with technology, possess extraordinary organizational and communication skills, and have significant experience managing confidential matters in a complex executive office.
Because the incumbent will interact regularly with faculty and staff, students, alumni, trustees, and the greater community, the successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and quickly acquire knowledge of College policies, procedures, and operations. The incumbent will manage the Cabinet calendar, coordinate communications between the members, and assist with arranging travel and other activities as needed. In addition, the AA will assist with strategic tasks, such as planning and executing Board of Trustees meetings and events, and other institutional special events and community activities.
Minimum requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree plus three years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Ability to manage confidential information and work with internal and external constituencies with flexibility, patience and discretion;
• Poise and savvy to work in a complex institution serving a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds;
• High levels of organizational skills to manage complex flows of paper and electronic communications;
• Extensive experience with the full Microsoft Office suite on a Windows based platform; and
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
Preferred qualities include prior experience in a small educational institution, and experience working in a visible role that requires considerable confidentiality, tact and sensitivity.
This is a salaried, exempt, staff position.. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional evening or weekend work as needed.
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, two writing samples, and full contact information (including email addresses) for three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Southern Vermont College is committed to having an inclusive campus community, and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.