Southern Vermont College seeks an experienced Controller to be an integral part of the Business Office team. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Administration & Finance (EVP), the Controller will lead, mentor, support and supervise Business Office staff engaged in financial functions such as payroll, accounts payable, general banking, account reconciliations, external and internal audits, and other related activities. The Controller will also provide assistance and support to the EVP in such matters as audit financial statement preparation, cash management and budgeting, and other areas as required.
Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Serves as a hands-on leader of the department with a commitment to staff development, collaboration, and open communication within the College community;
• Manage a range of complex projects concurrently, including appropriate delegation, with attention to detail to successfully meet deadlines;
• Maintain financial and operational policies, and internal controls, to ensure that all financial transactions are processed with transparency, integrity and in a timely manner;
• Manage approved budget, plus vendors and related contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, CPA preferred;
• Three to five years of experience in public, non-profit or fund accounting, preferably in higher education;
• Supervisory experience in increasingly responsible positions;
• Excellent people management skills with a demonstrated track record of developing staff and creating a positive work environment;
• Good communication skills, verbal and written;
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff, faculty and students;
• Excellent computer skills with accounting software, Excel and Google applications, Financial Edge a plus
To apply, e-mail a letter of interest, current resume, and the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of three professional references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Application review will begin immediately, and those received prior to October 27, 2017 will receive full consideration.