Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
Guest Services Associate (Front Desk)
Stockbridge, Central Berkshire, South Berkshire
High School or Equivalent
The Guest Services Associate functions as primary point of contact for guests outside of the program experience to create a positive, guest friendly environment. This position facilitates the seamless coordination of arrival, check-in, program, healing arts, and housing selection, and related services for the duration of stay and post stay while upholding excellent customer service standards in alignment with the Kripalu mission and values.
• Provide continuous staffing for guest services. Greet arriving, departing and current guests in a warm, welcoming and service oriented manner.
• Complete guest check in process and update system to reflect guest arrival. Provide guests with resources and literature regarding the Kripalu facilities, grounds, program schedules and services, facilitating a smooth and friendly acclimation to Kripalu Center.
• In collaboration with all departments at Kripalu, create a seamless experience for all guests acting as a liaison with other departments when necessary.
• Respond to guest inquiries and/or concerns during their stay. Research and facilitate a response to or resolution of inquiries and concerns. Bringing guest concerns to appropriate individuals who are best able to respond to guest’s needs.
• Receive and process guest payments, record payments in system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Adhere to all Kripalu and Guest Services Policies and Procedures in order to ensure a uniform approach to guest service standards.
• Assist in emergencies according to Kripalu and Guest Services policies.
• Ensure that all Guest Services procedures, tasks, check-in, guest finance, and remuneration are maintained in accordance with the established policy and procedure standards and budgetary constraints.
• Process all cash transaction in Cenium according to policy and financial guidelines with 100% compliance.
• Accurately book, change, and cancel reservations including Healing Arts appointments. Properly open and close according to standard operating procedures.
• Provide detailed descriptions of programs, Healing Arts treatments, Kripalu services, facility features, and hours of operation, maintain a clean, safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
• Other tasks as assigned by Guest Services Management.
• Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
• Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions and ideas.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
• Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High School education or equivalent.
• At least 1 year experience within a hospitality or customer service role.
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English.
• Proficient in Microsoft programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated data entry accuracy.
• Strong verbal communication and active listening skills.
• Demonstrated success in problem solving and the ability to collaborate with others to find a solution.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Commitment to organizational values and mission.
• Must be able to efficiently and effectively resolve guest’s concerns.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and apply defined policies and procedures.
• Professional appearance and presentation.
• Must have basic math and money handling skills.
Please apply on our website via https://kripalu.org/employment-opportunities