Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
Production Support Associate
Stockbridge, Central Berkshire, South Berkshire
Some High School Coursework
The Production Support Associate is primarily responsible for class room and event set ups and breakdowns, maintaining records and other documents related to inventory, as well as program room and equipment cleaning and maintenance. Duties also include liaising directly with presenters, presenter assistants and guests, providing a high level of support and customer service.
• Effectively execute room set ups and breakdowns for programs, R & R workshops, Professional Trainings, Conferences, Internal, Evening and special events.
• Maintain the condition and location of permanent supplies in program rooms (e.g. coordinate the cleaning of blankets and mats, distribution of yoga props, etc.)
• Organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information; photocopying and printing various documents for classroom support.
• Assist with the preparation, planning and execution of department operations.
• Maintain records and other documents such as inventory, material and supply reports
• Unload, unpack, count, segregate, and store incoming supplies and equipment
• Provide transportation for visiting faculty as scheduled within work shifts.
• Adhere to all guidelines regarding use and safety of Kripalu vehicles and assist with general maintenance and upkeep of Kripalu vehicles.
• Special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
• Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles
• Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions & ideas.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
• Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated ability to work on a fast-paced team
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in similar role preferred
• Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently
• Excellent communication and customer service skill; Positive attitude
• Takes initiative and follows through on directed projects
• Basic Word, Outlook, and Excel skills
• Must have a driver’s license and pass a background check
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends essential
Valued but not Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong sense of Kripalu and Kripalu programs
• Prior production experience a plus
See ADA Form
Please apply on our website, www.kripalu.org/employment-opportunities