Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the transformative wisdom and practice of yoga.
For more than 40 years, Kripalu has been teaching skills for optimal living through education for the whole person: body, mind, heart, and spirit. It is the largest and most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT https://kripalu.org/employment-opportunities.
Competitive Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Perform diversified maintenance and improvements on Kripalu’s grounds, roadways, parking lots, gardens, nature trails, and lakefront property while working as a team member with the Grounds/Facilities Department.
• Perform all aspects of grounds and landscape maintenance including but not limited to lawn mowing, upkeep of gardens, shrubbery, trees, hedges, and wildlife management.
• Maintain gardens, trimming, weeding, edging, pruning. etc.
• Perform all duties while safely operating grounds keeping equipment such as mowers, tractors, hand held trimmers, saws, in accordance with prescribed job requirements & safety guidelines.
• Perform other maintenance duties as assigned.
• Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
• Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions and ideas.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
• Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• 1-2 years of related experience in grounds maintenance.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in gardening and plant identification.
• Ability to read and write in English and comprehend written and oral instructions, procedures and work orders.
• Demonstrated ability to properly and safely use all necessary landscape tools and equipment.
• Must have valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be available for 1 day weekend coverage or as needed