Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Director of Student Services
Letters of application are being accepted for the administrative position of Director of Student Services. All applicants must be licensed or licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a Special Education Administrator. License standards and curriculum frameworks are contained in the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website www.doe.mass.edu. Applicants must be able to supervise, coordinate and schedule student services activities including, guidance, counseling, special education and activities associated with student services and have the ability to work with young adults. Applicants must be familiar with the SkillsUSA program requirements, www.skillsusa.org and the Business Professionals of America (BPA) standards. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of guidance policies and procedure.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of leadership traits and standards.
4. Knowledge of instruction and individual learning styles.
5. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
6. Knowledge of formative and summative assessment techniques.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and testing standards.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of the Massachusetts Vocational/Technical Education Curriculum Frameworks.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of the Massachusetts Model System for Educator Evaluation.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of the Massachusetts Common Core Standards.
11. Demonstrated knowledge of the standards for SkillsUSA and Business Professionals of America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, implement and supervise a complete special education and Title I program.
2. Develop, implement and supervise a total program of guidance services.
3. Develop, implement and supervise all internal and external counseling services.
4. Develop, implement and supervise all IDEA and Section 504 requirements to ensure district compliance.
5. Develop, implement and supervise the Medicaid reimbursement program.
6. Develop, implement and supervise all information programs including required parental notifications.
7. Develop, implement and supervise all staff in-service training to comply with applicable statutes or standards of special education and Section 504.
8. Develop, implement and supervise the safeguarding and use of all student records.
9. Develop, implement and supervise home and hospital tutoring and home instruction.
10. Develop, implement and supervise all credit recovery activities.
11. Assist the principal in supervising the exploratory program.
12. Assist the principal with supervising and implementing the school recruitment and admissions process.
13. Supervise and assign all paraprofessionals and teaching assistants.
14. Assist the principal with the evaluation of teaching and non-teaching personnel.
15. Supervise the responsibilities of the school nurse.
16. Ensure the timely completion of all special education documents, meetings and services.
17. Prepare all required reports as directed.
18. Prepare departmental budget and grant proposal submissions and documents.
19. Conduct and coordinate all team meetings and monitor all requests for service.
20. Supervise all guidance activities and scholarship programs.
21. Assist the principal with developing, implementing and supervising a comprehensive public relations and community outreach and information program.
22. Coordinate graduate follow-up surveys and reports on graduates.
23. Maintain and establish communication and coordination with all state and local agencies.
24. Any other duties as assigned by the principal or superintendent.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247