Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
$18 - $20 Per Hour
TITLE: Social Worker -- 10 Hours per Week - North Adams
The social worker is responsible for providing ongoing consultation to staff of Healthy Families home visiting program, through team meetings and individual discussions; to provide observation, assessment, short-term support and counseling to Home Visitors. The staff of the Healthy Families Program implement a home-visiting support program for pregnant or parenting families with infants through the age of three years.
• Master’s Degree in social work, sociology, counseling, and a MSW license, according to MA regulations.
• Sound knowledge of typical child development and various disorders and impairments that may cause developmental delays and/or behavioral issues.
• A minimum of 2 years experience working with at-risk children and families.
• Ability to develop and assist in implementing behavioral plans, problem solve, case manage, and make appropriate recommendations for referrals for individual children or parents in order to improve child’s development.
• Knowledge of parent and community resources.
• Positive attitude, understanding and commitment to “Strengthening Families” philosophy and family support.
• Ability to work with cultural sensitivity to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, and /or economic backgrounds; must be able to work with a team in a respectful manner.
• Must have good organizational, communication, writing and computer skills.
• Prior to hiring, candidate will have a criminal record check and motor vehicle record check completed.
The position is flexible, 10 hours per week and year round. The salary range is $18 - $20 per hour.
CONTACT: Send letter of intent and resume that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and why it interests you to:
Child Care of the Berkshires, Inc., P.O. Box 172, North Adams, MA 01247
Attn: Heather LaBonté or email email@example.com
CHILD CARE OF THE BERKSHIRES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WITH A LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO INCREASING THE DIVERSITY OF THE EMPLOYEE COMMUNITY.