Company Description: Christodora's Manice Education Center is nestled in a picturesque, pristine outdoor setting in the Berkshire mountains of Northwest Massachusetts. Surrounded by a wilderness of state forest lands, clear mountain ponds & streams, wildlife, and hiking trails, this is an ideal setting for our courses in environmental education and leadership development.
Our hands-on adventure programs challenge students academically, physically, and emotionally to stimulate growth and enhance responsibility in a peer and staff supportive culture.
The enthusiastic approach to learning in these outdoor activities encourages a spirit of cooperation and self-confidence, which guides participants toward broader understanding of themselves, their environment, and their community.
Christodora is a 501c3 non-profit organization and our aim is to make sure that summer camp is affordable for all children. Each camper fee is set taking into account family income and scholarships are available based on eligibility. No child is ever turned away due to financial hardship.
Additional Business Name: Manice Education Center
Facilities and Grounds Caretaker
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Christodora, a 120 year-old non-profit organization, announces an opening for a Facilities and Grounds Caretaker to join our team at the Manice Education Center (MEC), located in an outdoor setting with in the town of Florida, MA on a 200 acre wooded campus. MEC operates educational outdoor programs for approximately 850 youth from New York City from April through October.
Engaging as a key team member, the Caretaker at the Manice Education Center brings a high level of positive energy toward ensuring the safe operation of our facilities and keeping the grounds maintained and easily accessible. This is a hands-on position maintaining buildings, grounds, trails, and performing a wide variety of maintenance and labor tasks.
• Upkeep of facilities & buildings, including purchasing supplies
• Build relationships with local providers (for building supplies, electrical work, plumbing work, etc.) and prepare project proposals for approval by the Center Director
• Use and maintain small tractors, small machinery, and chainsaws
• Lawn care, trail maintenance, and general grounds keeping
• Custodial tasks and sanitation management for Center facilities
• Monitor the upkeep of the Center’s vehicles and schedule for service as needed
• Be available as needed for emergency repair or upkeep of facilities and operations.
• Must have a positive attitude, be reliable and trustworthy
• Ability to work as a member of a team, yet work independently throughout daily tasks
• Have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record, and experience driving small trailers
• Must have prior experience related to the job, general trade skills, and basic carpentry skills
• Be able to lift 50lbs.
• Be able to use a computer and communicate via emails.
• Possess a H.S. Diploma
• Background clearances and medical physical (Initial drug screening may be required)
Please send a resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Caretaker” in the title of the email.