Company Description: MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown), Boston South (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate), and Boston North (Danvers). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
Founded in 1848, MountainOne Bank provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor).
Professional Development is one of MountainOne’s core commitments. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for career growth, and access to meaningful benefits. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply.
Collections-Loan Operations Specialist
High School or Equivalent
The Collections/Loan Operations Specialist is responsible for performing loss mitigation and recovery activities such as routine outbound collection calls, preparing correspondence, and collection activities for multiple loan products, utilizing various systems and methods. Serves in a support role to Loan Operations and will be cross-trained for multiple tasks.
1. Initiates and maintains contact with customers by telephone or mail to discuss loan delinquencies and initiate collection efforts.
2. Assists AVP Loan Operations within defined procedures and parameters to restructure customers’ debt payments by offering alternatives such as refinancing, loan extension or other appropriate methods, which are in the best interest of the Bank and maintains customer’s goodwill.
3. Offers limited credit counseling to customers and refers to Consumer Credit Counseling as appropriate.
4. Utilizes various means to locate missing debtors, i.e., skip tracing. Maintains internal account information current relative to customer credit standing.
5. Maintains current knowledge of bank compliance standards and performs all aspects of the job according to those standards.
6. Prepares loan modification agreements as instructed for retail and commercial loans. Processes retail and commercial modifications.
7. Serves as resource to other employees in Loan Operations as necessary.
8. Filing of documentation and Loan files.
9. Assist AVP Loan Operations as needed with reporting and tracking.
10. Process loan servicing transactions.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
2. 1-3 years experience in lending related position.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with co-workers and customers.
4. Must have demonstrated ability and willingness to maintain a professional and courteous composure when dealing with irate customers.
5. Candidates with effective working knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Act, Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcy Code, Federal Wage Garnishment Law and other codes and laws pertaining to debt collection will have an advantage.
6. Ability to use a personal computer and/or automated collections applications.
7. Accurate, deadline and detail oriented.
8. Strong ability to multi-task
9. 25% availability to travel outside of 25-mile radius.
10. Ability to sit, drive, bend, answer the phone and perform computer input.