Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
The Dental Practice Manager oversees the daily operations of the Dental Center including: workflow, staff schedules and resources for Dental Center. S/he ensures that the dental practice has supplies and is staffed appropriately to care for CHP patients. S/he is responsible for all required compliance measures and that staff is fully trained in HIPAA, Infection Control, Case Management, and Admissions and any other aspects of patient care and competency training under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer and under the clinical direction of the Dental Director and the Medical Director as necessary to accomplish their jobs. S/he implements efficient systems and procedures which assure efficient operations and maximize productive use of staff time; to make certain that patients have timely access to dental care; and to oversee practices which assure the provision of quality care for all patients. The Dental Practice Manager supports the mission, values, and vision of CHP and follows all compliance protocols.
S/he is a member and participates in the Operations Team and the Manager Leadership Team to create a great organization. S/he steps in as needed in reception and as a trained dental assistant.
• Oversees front end staff and Dental Assistants.
• Ensures staff of CHP's Dental Center is fully trained in all aspects of compliance and any procedures necessary to accomplish their jobs and care for CHP patients including customer service.
• Assists in the preparation of an operating budget for the Dental Department and in conjunction with the P, Chief Operation Officer, Dental Director and the Chief Financial Officer and complies with the Dental Department's budget.
• Ensures HIPAA and Infection Control compliance protocol is followed.
• Oversee compliance of required laws that protect patients and the staff.
• Responsible for submitting and approving payroll of all dental staff accurately.
• Responsible for staffing practice efficiently to support providers.
• Assures all staff competencies are completed on a yearly basis.
• Assures billing is accurate and submitted on a timely basis. Works with staff to improve collection rates for copayments and outstanding balances.
• Holds monthly staff meetings and submits minutes to the COO on a monthly basis.
• Implements and oversees all tracking of ancillary testing and specialty appointments.
• Responsible for ordering of office and dental supplies to ensure practice stays within budget.
• Conducts performance reviews for direct reports and is dedicated to ensuring their growth and learning as well as his/her own growth and learning.
• Provides monthly reports and statistics as requested by COO for enrollment numbers, referrals, patient visits etc as requested.
• Performs other related duties or tasks as requested by the COO.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects and personnel.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations;
• Responds promptly to customer needs;
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Meets commitments and is punctual.
• Follows policies and procedures;
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
• Suppo1is organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical coverage or other site management as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Keeps emotions under control.
• Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Oral and Written Communication:
• Responds well to questions.
• Takes careful and accurate notes.
• Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages.
• Composes/types letters if requested by administration.
Education and/or Experience
The preferred candidate will have dental-care, social work or related educational background. Bachelor degree is highly desired. Dental Office experience is a plus. Must have outstanding communication skills and must have ability to develop efficient operational systems. Sound analytical skills required. S/he must have the ability to lead a diverse team. Computer skills and patient scheduling experience required. Five years of related experience and supervisory experience required. Dental Assistant Certification is a plus.