Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
WIC Community Coordinator -FT with Benefits - Gt. Barrington, MA
To Commensurate With Experience
Summary: The WIC Community Coordinator develops and maintains community liaison with health and human services providers and advocacy organizations in community served by the local WIC program. Builds an active, coordinated referral network and collaborative working relationships between community agencies and groups and WIC.
• Develops a comprehensive listing, initiates contact and maintains working relationships with health and human service providers, advocacy organizations and other groups who use or might use WIC information in order to facilitate and carry out referrals between eligible populations and WIC.
• Develops and maintains the Massachusetts WIC Community Network Database with community contacts made and outreach activities conducted within the service area.
• Facilitates or conducts periodic in-services for staff and/or clients at the local health and human service providers and other community agencies that work with the WIC population, i.e. Head Start, nursery or day care, grade schools, churches, EFNEP, neighborhood associations, Housing Authority, etc., as well as local pediatricians, obstetricians and other health care providers.
• In coordination with Management Staff, develops, implements, and submits the annual outreach plan and progress report, as requested.
• Attends Community Coordinators’ Quarterly Meetings, new Community Coordinator Training and In-services.
• Provides WIC program, education and outreach materials to local agencies and advocacy groups.
• In coordination with Program Director, represents WIC on committees or state public health initiatives, as well as other community activities.
• Represents WIC at community health fairs, workshops, and other public forums.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
• Experience: Two years experience in community work or health and human service desirable
• Knowledge or community and neighborhoods served by local WIC program and fluency in English
• Well-organized, systematic approach to work
• Good communication skills in oral and written English
• Sensitivity to the needs of the participant population
Non-essential but Preferred Skills:
• Bilingual (specific bilingual capacity needed as appropriate to the community served by the local WIC program)