Company Description: A Five Star Property, Wheatleigh is the perfect marriage of the grandeur of a 16th-century Florentine palazzo with the elegance and comfort of the 21st century. Set within 22 acres overlooking the Berkshire mountains and lakes, this enchanting country house hotel is 2 hours by car from New York City and Boston. Built in 1893, Wheatleigh has undergone a 4-year, multimillion dollar renovation to create this unique, luxurious small hotel. The 19 guest rooms and baths set a new standard of style and sophistication, exquisitely combining antique and custom furnishings with original museum quality contemporary art. The internationally renowned dining room offers a striking contemporary interpretation of classic French cuisine, an award-winning wine list and the highest level of service. The Library provides an intimate lounge for cocktails, lunch and dinner. Wheatleigh has a state-of-the-art fitness center, heated outdoor pool, tennis and massage facilities. Golf is five minutes away, whilst hiking, biking, riding fishing, skiing and hot air ballooning are available nearby. The hotel is within walking distance to Tanglewood, summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. The area is known for its vast array of cultural attractions, art, antiques, Jewelry and specialty shops.
To Commensurate With Experience
Hotel & Restaurant
*The preparation of quality pastry/food items such as breakfast items, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, plated desserts and special request items
* Assist pastry chef/Executive Chef with the day to day functions in the pastry/kitchen department
* Maintain the cleanliness, stock control, organization and standards of the pastry/kitchen department
* Work with the pastry chef/Executive Chef ordering on a daily basis, while keeping in mind stock usage, menu planning and business levels
* Take part in any training required
* Must be able to work long hours under extreme pressure
* Maintain all hygiene and sanitation standards of local health department
* To comply with all Hotel and Company policies stated in the Wheatleigh employee manual
* Comply with applicable Federal and State laws
* Work as part of a team in a constructive manner that enables Wheatleigh to achieve the objective of being a market leader as a luxury hotel and restaurant
* To assist on other sections or help with other duties when we are short of staff, emergencies and when business demand change
* Be able to work under extreme pressure, long hours and in a heated environment.
*Assist the Pastry Chef/Executive Chef and the rest of the team to maintain quality and standards of Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond guidelines
*Able to work hours required by the Pastry/Executive Chef.
*Apply security, evacuation and first aid procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and staff.
*Other reasonable duties as requested by a manager.
Additional preferred qualities:
* Has the ambition to succeed
* Shows willingness to work and learn everything possible in your time at Wheatleigh
*Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
*Must be able to work long hours under extreme pressure
*Must maintain all hygiene and sanitation standards of local health department
*Valid Drivers' License required