Company Description: Launched in 2008, Starr Catering Group provides artisan dining experiences within cultural centers, corporate offices, and private events across the East Coast. With an expert, restaurant-trained culinary team partnered with vast operational experience, Starr Catering Group’s commitment to excellence and dedication to perfected details enabled rapid growth for the company, which is now the exclusive caterer at seventeen locations in five cities, including internationally renowned cultural institutions.
STARR Events, SCG’s boutique catering and special events service, offers an innovative restaurant-driven approach delivering inventive cuisine, artful presentation and unparalleled service. Every event and menu is customized to ensure an individualized and memorable experience that fulfills each client’s vision, whether it be a sophisticated social gathering, note-worthy corporate event or distinctive non-profit fundraising gala.
Hotel & Restaurant
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of STARR Catering at the Clark’s day to day operations for both café and catered events.
• Complete schedules for all catering + café shifts
• Work with GM to identify staffing/hiring training needs
• Train all café staff and supervisors
• Assist with catering staff training as needed
• Ensures all catering + café staff are TIPS certified
• Responsible for all billing and A/R. Sends internal clients invoices within one business day of the event. Receives all coded invoices and sends to accounting. Make sure all external events are paid according to proposal language this is for both final payments and deposits for both STARR and the Clark.
• Responsible for overall cash handling for the café, special events + cash bars
• Café floor coverage 3-4 times per week
• Process all credit card and check payments and deposits.
• Responsible for maintaining all catering + cafe equipment and repairing or replacing as needed.
• Forecast equipment needs in advance of events.
• Keep the event storage area neat and organized
• Creates packing lists and packs equipment and beverages for all events.
• Putting all necessary equipment and other updates on the Artranet
• Communicates all catering jobs to the Executive Chef. Maintains the events sheets in the chef’s office and updates as needed
• Make sure all events with buffets or stations have appropriate signage
• Work with Director’s office to make sure it is always appropriately supplied and all necessary equipment is in place.
• Updates the Clark Events in Outlook.
• Keeps the Catering Jobs spreadsheet up to date.
• Responsible for all rental orders. Delivery, pickup and updating.
• Assist in the café as needed.
• Keep café staff up to date on all Clark/STARR events
• Make sure all daily sales bundles are properly put on Sharepoint by café supervisors.
• Oversee non alcoholic beverage inventories and ordering.
• Manage all operating supplies including office supplies, paper supplies, uniforms, etc
Minimum of 5 years of catering or retail food service experience
Ability to work flexible hours. Nights and weekends are required
This is a full time year round salaried position with benefits and bonus potential