Company Description: Launched in 2008, Starr Catering Group provides artisan dining experiences within cultural centers, corporate offices, and private events across the East Coast. With an expert, restaurant-trained culinary team partnered with vast operational experience, Starr Catering Group’s commitment to excellence and dedication to perfected details enabled rapid growth for the company, which is now the exclusive caterer at seventeen locations in five cities, including internationally renowned cultural institutions.
STARR Events, SCG’s boutique catering and special events service, offers an innovative restaurant-driven approach delivering inventive cuisine, artful presentation and unparalleled service. Every event and menu is customized to ensure an individualized and memorable experience that fulfills each client’s vision, whether it be a sophisticated social gathering, note-worthy corporate event or distinctive non-profit fundraising gala.
To Commensurate With Experience
Hotel & Restaurant
The Café Supervisor will be part of the STARR Catering team focusing on café operations.
• Manage the café staff during shifts. This includes adhering to all STARR and Clark policies including dress code, cash handling, HR and customer service.
• Assists with weekly beverage inventory and ordering of both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
• Manages opening, mid and closing checklists/procedures to be completed by staff.
• Communicated expected sales/guest counts to the Executive Chef
• Work with Executive Chef to maintain special/employee meal menus
• Ensure all items sold in the café have prices displayed
• Make sure the dining room/café area is always clean
• Manage the cleaning/planned maintenance schedule for the café area and dining room
• During the slow season, this position will sometimes be a café attendant. This is a working manager position in the off season.
• Work with the Clark’s facilities/maintenance department on all items that are in disrepair or damaged. Any broken items need to have an action plan for repair within 1 day of the problem.
• Ensure that each customer receives exceptional customer service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer.
• Agree and support implementation of revenue generating initiatives.
• Handle all cash and credit card transactions. Reconcile cash drawers and prepare deposits. Daily safe count and reconciliation as well as prepares nightly bundles.
• Assist General Manager with as needed and may be required to assist on large catering weekends.
Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a retail food service environment