Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Responsible for the successful operation of all dining areas including: staffing, labor costs, quality of service, cleanliness of spaces and guest satisfaction. Work directly with Director of Food & Beverage and Chef de Cuisine to provide the highest level of service in all dining venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises dining room staff including Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Host/Hostess, Bussers, Runners, Servers, Cocktailers, Bartenders and Expeditors. This includes supervision and direction of the Restaurant Assistant Managers.
o Exemplifies superior guest service and promotes an atmosphere that supports the MSH mission.
o Responsible for the selection, orienting, training, counseling and termination of staff.
o Responsible for timely completion of performance reviews.
o Monitors, controls and manages operating budget for all dining areas including but not limited to payroll, operating expenses and ancillary costs.
o Ensures service and operations are consistent with and reflect MSH standards in appearance and execution.
o Ensures proper and safe working environment of all necessary equipment and furniture.
o Develops solutions and resolutions to address guest issues and follow through to ensure effective implementation.
o Ensures dining areas are operating to best efficiency and hospitably
o Assists service as needed. Be present and engaged with guests during service
• Oversees training program and weekly details to uphold staff member and guest service standards.
o Ensures new hires are appropriately ‘on-boarded’ to the department and trained in both customer service standards as well as technical service standards to meet RLI standards
o Work with Assistant Restaurant managers to ensure standards are being upheld and staff are being held accountable if they are not
• Supervise the organization of the Dining Rooms prior to service times to include:
o Functions, VIP guests, special requests and dining room flow of service.
o Meet regularly with Sales team to coordinate special events
o Supervise Functions Captain and staff to ensure functions operate properly.
• Responsible for communicating with human resources and executing necessary staffing paperwork including but not limited to personnel issues, payroll status forms, job descriptions and employment staffing requests.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty Program
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Must have at least three years Hospitality management experience in resort or Hotel.
• Must have 5+ years of experience in fine dining at resort or hotel with previous training experience.
Education and Certifications:
• Possess BA in hotel restaurant management, hospitality management or related field; or equivalent experience
• ServSafe Certification
• TIPS Certified
• Allergen Awareness Certification
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems and Open Table reservation system
• Solid understanding of budget process and controls
• Strong interpersonal and motivational skills with the ability to effectively instill cooperation in staff and a welcome feeling in guests
• Must be guest service orientated with ability to work with diverse group of people
• Ability to handle stressful situations, work well under pressure and perform under time constraints.
• Ability to effectively articulate and train service and technical standards
• Must show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
• Must be effective in problem solving in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work any schedule
• Models and promote teamwork at all times
• Motivates team to excel
• Respectful to and mindful of all managers and staff in department, on property and within company
• Acts as an agent for guests and staff
• Ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time
• Lift 30 pounds
• Push carts weighing up to 100 pounds