Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Hotel on North
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
The Hotel On North Red Lion Inn Server is responsible for providing quality service to all of our guests. This position requires knowledge of dining service and the ability to pay attention to detail. Guest relation skills, organization and the ability to prioritize are essential. Working closely with others in a team is imperative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve guests and accommodating their needs and special requests.
• Prepare the dining areas and server stations.
• Detail dining room stations for daily service.
• Attend pre-shift meeting to be aware of any menu changes, soup selection, daily specials, 86’d items and any general announcements.
• Maintain keen awareness of guest perception and expectation throughout dining experience.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of menu item ingredients.
• Demonstrate a basic knowledge of wine and wine service.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the POS system used.
• Demonstrate the ability to differentiate between types of alcohol offered.
• Properly read food tickets. Differentiate between food items in order to organize plated dishes and carry on trays to appropriate stations.
• Stay alert to allergy modifications and communicate with kitchen. Comply with allergy procedures.
• Retrieve dirty trays from dining areas and return to dish area to bus. Comply with composting procedures.
• Work on private events and functions as needed.
• Break down section in dining room and preparing station for next meal period.
• Complete all side work duties as posted.
• Complete payments, paperwork, and cashout for each shift as well as submittal to RLI.
• Work all holidays
• Communicate with guests and respond to guest requests and complaints in a timely manner.
• Act as a line of communication between the guest and kitchen.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service- oriented manner.
• Maintain regular and timely attendance as required by scheduling. This will vary according to the needs of the inn and may include weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
• Comply at all times with Red Lion Inn standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Respond to requests and complaints in a timely manner.
• Attend all required meetings
• Perform any other duties as requested by the Management or supervisors.
Experience: Prior front of the house restaurant experience of any kind is beneficial
Education: Must be 18 years of age to serve alcohol (lunch/dinner server). Employee does not need a high school diploma
Specialized knowledge: Food preparation, and alcohol and wine knowledge is beneficial.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
• Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
Character: Friendly, courteous, and a relaxing demeanor. The employee must be reliable, trustworthy, attentive, and motivated. An overall positive attitude is necessary.
Physical: On the job the employee must bend, squat, climb, kneel, and reach above shoulder level. He/She must have the ability to carry/lift heavy loads over 50lbs and above the shoulder. The employee will be exposed to high temperatures and/or high humidity during the summer seasons. Maintaining stamina is a must due to the heavy lifting and long busy days on their feet.