Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Front Desk Clerk
Some High School Coursework
Accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms, providing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Knows how to use Front Office equipment.
• Greets guests upon arrival with warmth & hospitality; uses Roaring Raves hospitality principles to create the best possible guest experience.
• Register guests, assigns rooms, and ensures all policies are understood. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
• Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit and cash handling policies and procedures.
• Understands room status and room status tracking.
• Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
• Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
• Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
• Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Has knowledge of and follows cancellation procedures.
• File room keys and make new packets
• Money handling / cash outs. Process guest check-outs; ability to post charges to guest accounts & settle accounts.
• Concierge – having working knowledge of local attractions & activities and ability to assist guests in creating the best experience possible.
• Able to direct inquiries or issues to the correct person or department.
• Follows procedures for DVD & game “rentals.”
• Uses proper telephone etiquette, answers the phone, manages incoming calls.
• Reads daily reports: therefore is adequately informed (both “Shift” and “Housekeeping” reports).
• Reports any complaints, unusual occurrences or requests to the Manager or Manager on Duty.
• Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
• Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area; as well as lobby and gift shop.
• Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts/departments.
• Any other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must be 18 years of age
Skills: Good problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, basic math skills, ability to work and maintain composure in high-pressure situations. Must be able to evaluate & select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity. Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying, and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests. Must communicate clearly (with guests and with other team members at The Red Lion Inn).
Character: This professional should have the ability to welcome the guests with a pleasant smile and interact with them politely. He/she should be diplomatic and should be able to get along well with the staff personnel. He/she should be obliging, accommodating, and must believe in excellent customer service. It is crucial that he/she should be an outgoing personality, cooperative, friendly with optimistic attitude and should enjoy social interaction. He/she must be a courteous listener and should have high levels of tolerance in case there is any conflict.
Physical: Must be able to stand for entire shift.