Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Some High School Coursework
Primarily responsible for answering telephones, making lodging and dining reservations (including special holidays), sending confirmation letters, printing reports to complete the Daily & Two-Week Checks, providing concierge services as needed, supporting the Front Desk (answering phone calls on the Front Desk line, giving guests a ride in the antique birdcage elevator, and helping deliver VIPs or do room moves, etc.) and working on any other project assigned by the Reservations Manager to capture data or create better systems of organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets all callers promptly with warmth and courteousness.
• Provides accurate information about the Inn, its amenities, & the surrounding area.
• Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates (including packages, promotions, specials, and any restrictions that apply).
• Checks computer for availability to quote room rates/packages, and makes & confirms reservations.
• Makes changes or cancellations to reservations in line with company policy.
• Handles questions and complaints, and if unable to satisfy guest, contacts appropriate supervisor or manager.
• Answers Reservations emails and voicemails in a timely manner.
• Prints reports to complete Daily & Two-Week Checks.
• Supporting the Front Desk as needed (answering phone calls on the Front Desk line, making dining reservations, giving guests a ride in the antique birdcage elevator, helping deliver VIPs, helping with luggage or room moves, etc.).
• Working on any project assigned by the Guest Services Manager to capture
• Concierge Services – has working knowledge of local attractions & activities and ability to assist guests in creating the best experience possible.
• Approaches all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
• Responds to guest requests and complaints in a timely manner.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
Former guest relations/customer service experience is beneficial but not necessary. Excellent phone manner, positive attitude, attention to detail, and a strong sense of teamwork are essential.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must be 18 years of age
Skills: Good problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, basic math skills, ability to work and maintain composure in high-pressure situations. Must be able to evaluate & select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity. Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying, and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests. Must communicate clearly (with guests and with other team members at The Red Lion Inn).