The Children’s Study Home is dedicated to partnering with families by providing innovative and educational programs and services that strengthen children and families; empowering them to succeed at home, within the community, and throughout life.
The Children’s Study Home serves children, adolescents, and families with special needs throughout the Pioneer Valley and Cape Cod areas. The children we serve are often struggling to cope with behavioral, psychiatric, and cognitive issues related to the experiences they have survived. Our staff assesses their needs and develops individualized service plans that foster recovery, growth, and wellness.
Where we Work:
The Children’s Study Home serves children and families throughout Western Massachusetts and Cape Cod areas. Additionally, we serve children referred from Central Massachusetts as well as the Metro Boston area.
We are proud to work closely with the Departments of Children & Families (DCF), Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE), and Early Education & Care (EEC) to serve children and families in need. We also work with local public school districts seeking Special Education for their students.
Perform all custodial tasks for the assigned Campus. Maintain campus grounds and buildings in clean and sanitary condition. Perform minor repairs to campus as requested.
1. Handle disposal of waste materials.
2. Clean windows.
3. Dust and vacuum.
4. Clean toilets and sinks.
5. Mow, trim and manicure lawns and grounds.
6. Ensure that all facilities are in a sanitary and presentable condition, both inside and outside.
7. Operate all equipment necessary for cleaning the buildings inside and performing all landscaping duties in a safe and careful manner.
8. Keep a record of maintenance supplies and correspond with supervisor for re-orders
9. Maintain accurate inventory of materials used.
10. Follow agency policies, practices, and procedures.
11. Perform all other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
1. Must have current, valid Mass. Driver’s License.
2. Must have general knowledge of janitorial equipment and its operations.
3. Must have the ability to lift up to 85 lbs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
1. Requires the ability to lift heavy objects (up to 85 lbs.)
2. Requires the ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks daily.
3. Requires safe handling and constant care in the operation of mechanical and electrical equipment.