Company Description: The Option Institute International Learning & Training Center is a 501(c)(3) organization helping people live happier, more self-empowered, and more successful lives. We offer personal growth programs for people worldwide.
Additionally, at the Autism Treatment Center of America, we teach The Son- Rise Program®, an internationally recognized program for children challenged with Autism and all other related developmental difficulties.
We offer professional training in both of the above areas. Our pastoral 100-acre campus provides a perfect setting for not only our students who come to the Institute from over 129 countries but also for the staff. The site provides an exceptional oasis for working and learning.
The Sous Chef, who is second in command in the kitchen, will work directly with the Head Chef to plan, lead, direct and coordinate all activities of the kitchen, as well as the kitchen staff in order to prepare the highest quality of food to our guests and our staff in a safe and timely manner.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Ability to run the everyday operations of the Kitchen in absence of the Head Chef
• Assist Head Chef with meal preparation
• Assist the Head Chef with menu planning
• As directed by the Head Chef assist with training, supervising and discipline of kitchen staff
• Handle all aspects of receiving food and supply orders
• Maintain all storage and keep it neat, organized, and accessible
• Assist the Head Chef to maintain a working environment that upholds all federal, state, city, and Serve Safe regulations
• Perform other duties as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Culinary degree preferred
• 3 years kitchen experience with ServSafe Certification
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Ability to interact with clients and staff in a cheerful and friendly manner