Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or email@example.com.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Business Name: Big Y Express
Big Y Express Cashier
To Commensurate With Experience
Some High School Coursework
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by providing World Class support to all locations in order to provide a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
• Operate a cash register, lottery, scanner and scale using correct scan or ring method.
• Maintain daily logs and status reports.
• Ability to operate equipment in location while following established best practices.
• Process customer transactions.
• Resolve complaints following established procedures, seeking management support when necessary.
• Accurately scan/ring all items.
• Handle tenders following company policies.
• Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
• Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
• Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g., controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.).
• Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
• Stocking and cleaning interior and exterior of the building.
• Accurately handle and secure all monies, funds and other media assigned.
• Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence through Big Y’s Firm Foundations (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
• Must project a clean and professional appearance.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
• Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
• Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire.
• Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lb.
• Continuously standing, reaching, fingering, handling, balancing and feeling.
• Frequently walking, bending; occasionally squatting or crouching.