Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or email@example.com.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Business Name: Big Y Foods - Lee
Service Clerk - Lee
To Commensurate With Experience
Some High School Coursework
- Bag groceries, retrieve carriages, return back-shop, and other tasks as
- Perform maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store to
present a safe, clean, attractive environment.
- Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., racks, sales
floor, bottle redemption area, closets, workstations, etc.).
- Operate equipment/machinery where applicable.
- Engage in and encourage continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all government employment and labor regulations, as well as
all Company policies and procedures (e.g., employment laws concerning
minors, harassment, discrimination, etc.).
- Adhere to all government workplace and food safety and sanitation
regulations, as well as all Company policies and procedures (e.g.,
cleaning, rotating, sweeping, proper utilization of equipment, etc.).
- Adhere to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures (e.g.,
controlling waste and utilities, damaged goods, reporting theft, etc.
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence. Ability to demonstrate a passion for food through interactive sales techniques.
Must project a clean and professional appearance.
Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
Must be 18 years of age to operate machinery.
Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.