Company Description: Covestro LLC is a global leader of extruded thermoplastic sheets that can be used in diverse and innovative applications. With extrusion facilities around the globe, sheet products are produced to consistently high quality standards. With many years of sheet extrusion experience, Covestro offers a wide product portfolio of solid and multiwall sheets suitable for many applications and industries.
Only applicants who apply to www.career.covestro.com can be considered for this position. To formally apply, please click on the above link and follow the instructions below:
To the right of the screen, select United States for the country drop down and MA-Sheffield for the Location drop down. Next, click on the job link that you would like to apply to. After clicking on the link, scroll to the bottom of the page and click
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
This position is responsible for supporting and promoting all company goals including an injury free work environment through safe work practices. In this capacity the incumbent will support the manufacturing process by supporting the design, rebuild, and installation of extrusion equipment. The incumbent will also support the extrusion process through troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing of the mechanical functions of the extrusion process.
1. Assist in the troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of mechanical equipment and components. These components may include:
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Bearings and mounting systems
- Gearboxes and transmissions
- Pumps, valves, pumping systems and minor piping repairs
- Clutch, brakes and drive components
- Couplings and drive linkages
- Pump Alignment
2. Assist in the repairs and PMs on multiple types of pumps, including; vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps
3. Assist in the execution of millwright tasks:
- Moving material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling.
4. Assist in the execution of Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance on Production and Infrastructure equipment:
5. Close out Work Orders and Consume Parts through business process <SAP>
6. Participate in the development and coordination of engineering projects, including input into design and modifications as well as installation of new & existing equipment
7. Support required Overtime for vacation within the Department
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent reports to and takes direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to him/her on a daily basis in regards to project progress and anticipated problems, corrective action status and all Maintenance updates. This position will also take direction from Shift Supervision and Engineering as needed.
This position requires regular teamwork with the other maintenance team members as well interaction with other disciplines, unit managers and supervisors, laboratory, plant personnel, warehousing, process engineers, accounting, construction, and purchasing. The incumbent also has contact with outside vendors and suppliers.
Is familiar with compliance and sustainability instructions found in HES procedures in the SOP database located on the Covestro - Sheffield Intranet. Is able to locate procedures regarding Safety, Environmental, and Security in the procedures database. Is generally aware of Responsible Care Management System and can identify stakeholders in the system.
This position requires at least a high school diploma with a trade certification, a BS with 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or 5 years in a Manufacturing or Maintenance Environment. The position requires effective communication skills, written and verbal, plus skills to work on a project and maintenance team to effectively execute a project and troubleshoot a problem area.
• High school diploma with a trade certification or 2 Year Technical Degree with 5 years’ experience in machine tool applications and performing equipment repairs
• Ability to read and understand mechanical prints
• Possess good understanding of computer fundamentals
• Basic understanding of Preventative Maintenance