Food Service Aide
Do you love making and sharing food? Join our small team who prepare and share a community lunch for 20-50 elderly individuals on Mondays and Thursdays, 10 hrs a week.
• Assist Food Service Director in preparing and cooking meals utilizing safe food handling.
• Assist in portioning and plating meals.
• Reading recipes and completing mathematical calculations necessary for quantity food production.
• Setting tables and assisting in cleaning workspace and maintaining kitchen.
• Registering lunch participates.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED required. Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to stand and lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to work independently to prepare a meal during the occasional absence of the Food Service Director.
This position is subject to a CORI check.
Please submit resume or complete an application at the Jewish Federation of the Berkshires, 196 South Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201