Company Description: Berkshire County Head Start is a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and care. Our organization offers a half-day pre-school program in 7 sites throughout Berkshire County. In North Adams, Pittsfield and Great Barrington we also provide full-day child care services for families while they work, go to school, or look for employment.
Paraprofessional - preschool
$12.00 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
EEC Preschool Teacher - Preference: Preferred
BERKSHIRE COUNTY HEAD START IS LOOKING FOR PARAPROFESSIONALS
Part-time position - 25 hours per week year round filling 7 - 12 and 12 - 5
• Experience working with young children in an educational setting
• EEC certification
• Coursework in early childhood education
The paraprofessional will assist one or more teachers in the implementation of the instructional program and shall perform all the tasks, responsibilities, and duties as assigned by the teachers(s).
The duties commonly associated with the position include but are not limited to:
- assisting the teacher and students with the instructional program
- assisting the teacher to assess student performance
- maintaining records and data on student performance as assigned by the teacher
- monitoring student behavior and assisting students to engage in appropriate classroom behavior
- assisting the teacher in implementing IEPs, when applicable
Applicant must be able to provide references, pass a Background Records Check, and be able to provide documentation of good health to work with children (current physical/immunizations/etc.)
Please reply with letter of interest, resume and references or call 499-0137 for an application.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to follow teacher direction
- Good organization and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team