Company Description: Elizabeth Freeman Center provides domestic
violence and sexual assault services and
advocacy in Berkshire County and surrounding
areas. Our services are free and confidential,
and include counseling, safe shelter, court
advocacy, a 24/7 toll-free hotline, and much
more. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Full / Part Time
High School or Equivalent
Elizabeth Freeman Center seeks an energetic, responsible person to serve as part-time or full-time receptionist at our Pittsfield office. Receptionist answers phone and greets clients, does clerical work, and maintains calm in a busy environment. Requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please specify if you are seeking part-time or full-time employment. Sorry, we DO NOT accept applications submitted through Berkshire Jobs. Deadlines are rolling until position has been filled.
• Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
• Greet clients and people who walk-in, make them feel welcome, direct them to appropriate destination
• Perform general administrative and clerical support, such as monitoring fax machine, making copies, faxing, preparing letters and documents, keeping records/logs, helping to maintain a welcoming physical environment, etc.
• Ensure knowledge of staff members’ whereabouts
• Keep track of availability of meeting rooms
• Tidy and maintain reception area, conference room, and waiting room
• Maintain sense of calm in a busy environment
• Other duties as assigned to promote agency mission
Preferred qualifications include:
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
• Ability to be welcoming, supportive, and calm
• Commitment to protecting the confidentiality of clients
• Highly responsible, professional, and efficient
• High school diploma (may be waived for relevant, comparable level of work or life experience)
• Must successfully pass Criminal Record Check-CORI and have reliable transportation
Work hours fall within the 9 am to 5 pm range, and may be either part-time or full-time.
Compensation and benefits:
Competitive salary. Generous vacation, sick, and personal time accrual.