Company Description: As one of the nation's leading providers of individual disability income insurance, we preserve the dignity and protect the lifestyles of American families in financial and emotional crisis due to injury or serious illness.
It takes special people to do this type of work: people with vision and compassion, intelligence and enthusiasm. For applicants who embody these qualities, Berkshire Life, A Guardian Company, offers a broad range of employment opportunities - from entry level to highly skilled, from technical to creative.
At Berkshire Life, we recognize that employees who care about their communities are well suited for the business of helping our clients.
**This is a remote work opportunity with occasional travel to Pittsfield, MA required**
Under minimal guidance in a high volume, fast-paced environment, lead sold case set-up, enrollment strategy development and enrollment execution for worksite individual disability business. Relationship management is integral to the role in partnering with our sales team, brokers, clients, and other members of the Disability department to ensure a smooth and effective enrollment experience designed to achieve desired participation objectives. This individual will be poised to manage our most critical relationships (both client and broker). Relationship management will be balanced out by strong communications skills (including influencing and negotiation), set-up and execution of technology (including online enrollment and HTML development and distribution) and problem solving.
* Oversee all aspects of implementation, enrollment strategy development, and enrollment execution for assigned cases.
* Manage customer relationships through strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
* Partner with other multi-life team members throughout the process including sales, underwriting, billing, and policy issue.
* Ensure high quality and high results.
* Participate, as needed, during the pre-sale process, to educate and promote implementation team capabilities.
* Become an expert user of key systems including administrative tools, online enrollment, and HTML development and execution.
* Support key multi-life projects as needed during development and/or testing phases.
* This position reports to Manager of Implementation & Enrollment Strategy, in turn, reports to the Vice President, Product Strategy, Individual Markets.
* Ability to quickly anticipate and meet the needs of customers.
* Strong communication skills with ability to influence and negotiate.
* Ability to present to small audiences in person or via webinar.
* Thrives in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
* Independently solves problems and conflict resolution.
* Quick to learn technology.
* Attention to detail and utilizes set protocol to meet quality standards.
* Continuously strives to provide superior customer service
* Demonstrates self-awareness and embraces feedback
* Minimum of 5 years Account Management experience.
* Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
* Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
* Less than 10% travel required.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #239 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2017, Guardian reports $1.6 billion in operating income, $8 billion in capital, and $71.5 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded 157 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.”
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.